Sunday, June 27, 2010

To love again

My heart cries out to you
To make it joyous
To make me laugh once more
To make me grow excited at the thought of you

You have listened thus far
You make me smile
You make me laugh
You make me do things I had forgotten

You have claimed my heart
My soul
My being
You have claimed me

Am I scared I ask
How do I learn to love again
To be unrestrained
Be assured, loving you; loving me

The questions are many
The reasons are clear
I will love again in an old-fashioned way
I will give of myself and nothing less

I will not be held captive by my bitter past
For God knows why it didn't last
I have no regrets
I harbour no ill will
It was but for a time and time did not stand still

I will love again like there is no tomorrow
To do less would bring great pain
I will captain my heart
I will master my happiness
I will love you, the way it ought to be.

(c) Anneke 2010

No comments: